Saturday, May 7, 2011

White Chocolate Curls!

 I love this cake! This was made a few years ago for a couple of friends from church that were tying the knot! They were very open to whatever I wanted to do. I love when that happens! They had this little cake for pictures and cutting, and had cake plates that they made at each table with cupcakes for the guests. the cake plates were super cute. I wish I had a picture of them to show you! They went to a thrift store and got a bunch of different clear plates and goblets. They glued the plates on top of the upside down goblets. No two cake stands were the same.
 Anyway, back to the cake! It's a two tier cake with 6 and 8 inch tiers. It's frosted with buttercream, and covered in white chocolate curls. The top picture got taken after it got bumped around a little, but you get the idea! I love how soft it looks from far away, and the close up of the curls just looks cool!

This is also the wedding where I told them that it wouldn't be a problem to make edible chocolate cupcake liners... I'm actually making a bunch this weekend, I'll think about doing a little tutorial!

By the way, the wedding season is coming up... I'd love to book a few more weddings if you have one coming up! Graduations open houses are also the perfect place for a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment