Friday, April 15, 2011

And So It Begins...

We all have our hobbies... mine is cake decorating. I've been doing cakes for 5ish years now. It all began when my little girl was about to turn 1 and I didn't want to just throw together a box mix and slap on some canned frosting. I took a few classes at a craft store, and fell in love! The classes don't teach you everything, but Youtube has everything that the classes didn't. I've always been good with crafts, so the cake thing kinda came naturally. It started with family, then friends... I found myself saying "yes" to making cakes for birthdays, anniversaries, and weddings. Friends told friends, and pretty soon I was making cakes for people I didn't even know. Then came the business cards and the magnet you stick to the side of your car. All that lead me here... blogging about my cakes for the world to see!

Since I have a few years of cakes saved up already, I'll start with the cakes of ages past. As new cakes come up, I'll post with pictures. As I sat to think about how I wanted to do this blog, it occurred to me that it would be cool to have pictures of the process as well as the final cake. Being that I didn't think of it until now, that'll only happen for the cakes from here on out!

Thank you all for your support, and if you know of anyone needing a cake, send them here!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel this is awesome! I am rooting for you! My sister would love to know prices of maybe cupcakes and a small cake for her wedding and if you would be willing to deliver to Stillwater???? not sure what she is thinking but prices would be good. ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Price depends on a lot of things... Generally speaking, cupcakes start at $2 and cakes are $2 per slice. If she knows what she wants and how many cupcakes she needs I would be able to give her a more accurate quote! Oh, and I've created the perfect cupcake! They're my gourmet cupcakes... chocolate liners, cake, filling, more cake, and frosting. Feel free to give her my number if she'd like to set up a tasting or ask questions! I'll deliver anywhere around the cities.

    ReplyDelete