Friday, April 22, 2011

Life Sized Roses


 This is the bride's cake that went with the Nintendo cake! This is the first time I made life sized gum paste roses. Up until this cake, I'd made a ton of little ones, but no big ones. I think they turned out pretty good! I airbrushed them to go with the real flowers for the wedding. Each tier was chocolate fudge cake with different flavored filling. There was strawberry, raspberry, chocolate ganache, and a chocolate/coffee ganache. I'm not real big on coffee, in fact, I hate the stuff. Occasionally, I can do one of those ice cream, chocolate, coffee smoothie things, but lets face it, there's hardly any coffee in those anyway. However, I've discovered a delicious way to marry coffee and cake in a way that I love! Chocolate fudge cake, Coffee flavored ganache, and buttercream... It tastes like a chocolate mocha, only better!
 I was excited to have an excuse to use my cake platform for this cake too! The reception was held in a ballroom downtown. It was a beautiful space! The lights glistened off of the little dragees pressed into the sides of the cake too!

I had so much fun designing the cakes for this wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment