Friday, April 22, 2011

For The Gamers...


 I'm not sure how many gamers would ever consider reading a blog about cakes, but this ones for the gamers! This was a surprise grooms cake for a friend of ours. He's a big time game programmer. I've asked a thousand times, and been told exactly what he does, but I can never remember all of it. Something to do with flash something... It comes down to this... You know those Facebook games that eat up half of your day? He's partly responsible.


  Anyway, his bride and I got together and came up with a plan to surprise him with this Nintendo cake. I had to borrow one from another friend to make sure I got it just right! The console is exactly the same size as the real thing. I figured out a way to have the flap open, which made it look more real since cake shouldn't be able to do that! The controlers and the game were made out of gum paste, so they'll last forever as long as you don't drop them. The game is hand painted with the couples name and a picture of Mario pumped about finally winning the heart of Princess Peach.
My hubby and I brought the bride's cake and had it all set up, then went out and got this one. The groom wasn't paying attention, cuz, when do grooms pay attention to wedding stuff anyway. After awhile, he noticed that someone had brought a Nintendo and went to check it out. As soon as he figured out what it was, he wouldn't leave it's side! He brought every one of his friends over to see his cake!

This was one of my favorite cakes to make! I'd love to be able to make more gaming systems sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment