Monday, April 18, 2011

Keller Williams Grand Opening

So I got a call from a lady who works at Keller Williams one day... (Keller Williams is the second largest residential real estate company in the country in case you weren't aware...) I'm thinking... hold on, I have a house, why is she calling me? Apparently, an old friend of mine, who had just moved his real estate group to their company, had overheard that the baker she'd hired for a big grand opening event had totally flaked out and canceled on them last minute. He gave her my number, and without having seen any of my work, she hired me on the spot!

 This cake is a replica of the building Keller Williams had just moved into. The cake was really big (1 foot x 2 feet, and 13-14 inches high!) and too heavy for me to lift! She was concerned about some of the cake being gluten free for the people of the office who were allergic, and wanted different flavors for everyone else. The building has three different flavors: chocolate, white, and red velvet. The trees are gluten free. I've got to say, I'm most proud of the trees! The trunks are long bolts that have been screwed into the cake board and covered in fondant. The tops are gluten free cake with frosting and fondant, balancing on top of the bolts. I also think that the little fire hydrant is super cute! I found the building's picture online, so I was able to get the exact dimensions and tree placement from the actual building. The parking lot was crushed oreos that I put on once we got the cake there so they wouldn't go all over the car! (the picture of the fire hydrant was taken before we left, thus, no oreos!) I got to use my airbrush for the building, always a plus!
I'm excited to use my new tree design on future cakes! I think they turned out awesome!

And, thank you Dave for setting this all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment